Early Learning Program
Before and After School Programs
Youth Sports Leagues
Birthdays at the Y
Volunteer with Y Ayrlawn
EARLY LEARNING Program
The YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center provides a safe, caring and nurturing environment for chi
ldren ages 2 to 5 years old. YMCA Ayrlawn's Early Learning Center offers a Half Day and Full Day option. Half Day operates from 9am-12:30pm and is a 10 month program following the MCPS calendar. Full Day operates 6:30am to 6:30pm and is a 12 month program. Catered snack and lunch is included in the monthly tuition for both programs. Our Early Learning Center is a licensed program through MSDE Office of Child Care.
YMCA Early Learning Program uses the Creative Curriculum Gold. The Creative curriculum incorporates experiences that permit learning through guided play and active discovery. By incorporating the latest research on early childhood, the curriculum focuses on development of the whole child – cognitive, social, and physical. We also provide electronic daily reports (tadpoles). Every month we have prepared special events and/or field trips for the children enrolled in our program. In addition to our curriculum the children receive Spanish and PHD (Physical, Healthy, and Driven) classes per week.
To schedule a tour, receive more information or to register your child for our Early Learning Program , please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Y's After School Program offers activities and opportunities for your child to explore, create and thrive! Our afternoons consist of a blend of student and teacher-led activities including physical activity and group games, academic enrichment and character development discussions and daily or ongoing STEAM projects.
Participants will also be swimming and rock wall climbing once a month starting Fall 2017!
YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center offers after school programs for the following schools:
- Ashburton Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Beall Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Bethesda Elementary School (YMCA bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Burning Tree Elementary School (YMCA bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Lycee Rochambeau International School (Rochambeau bus transports kindergarten students to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Rock Creek Forest Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to Ayrlawn)
- Wyngate Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
*Additional school pick up/drop off locations available pending enrollment requirements.
To schedule a tour, receive more information or to register your child for our before and/or after school program, please email Ayr.SACC@ymcadc.org
DRIBBLE, PASS, ShOOT and SCORE WITH sPORTS lEAGUES @ THE y!
For ages 4-13, we offer developmental a soccer league and a basketball clinic. Our youth sports programs build an understanding of fundamentals, good sportsmanship, social skills and core values. Your child can join with their friends or meet new friends by joining an existing team!
hosts one practice on a weekday evening (pending volunteer coach scheduling) and one game on Saturday morning. REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN FOR FALL SOCCER LEAGUE! Soccer League Registration Form
clinic practices/game schedule for 2017/2018 COMING SOON!
Our sports leagues are volunteer-based, so we ask that families consider helping out with coaching, refereeing, or being a team parent. must be completed and turned in at either YMCA Ayrlawn/BCC or emailed to Kevin Shober
cOME celebrate with us!
Have a birthday coming up soon in your family? Let us take care of everything for you! from set up to clean up, let the YMCA plan your party for you. Check out what we can do to help your child's special day be even more special for you. For more information, please contact Keisha Thompson. Dates are booking up quickly, come in and schedule your party soon.
check out these youth programs
Friday Night Kids Club
: Bring in the weekend with an adventure for your kid (and a break for you!). The fun begins at 6:30 pm and ends at 10:00 pm; dinner is included and each night has a special theme.
Join us this fall for a great time!
October 13th: Classic Movie Night
October 27th: Friday Fright Night
- Princesses: We offer fathers the chance to bond with their daughters on many levels to build a loving and trusting relationship that will last a lifetime. The Adventure Princess program is a unique learning experience for both father and daughter.
- Guides: YMCA Adventure Guides is a program designed to strengthen the relationship between a fathers and sons. Adventure Guides provides an opportunity for parents and adult role models to work with children as guides, teachers and heroes and provides challenges and opportunities, celebrate accomplishments and face fears with children.
For more information, visit here
lend a helping hand
Volunteers are the backbone of the YMCA, and we value the help they provide to our branches on a daily basis. Whether you're 13 or 85, we'd love to have you! Click here
to check out our current volunteer needs!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR MARYLAND PHYSICIANS CARE!